Coming Soon, JoomlaDay Sydney 2013
This will be a hands on workshop that will introduce you to Joomla
component development. At the end of this workshop you'll have created your
own component that you can install on a Joomla site, and learn some tips
and tricks along the way. No development experience required, however some
basic knowledge of PHP would come in handy. BYO Laptop!
To get the most out of the workshop, please bring your own laptop with the
following software installed:
1. XAMPP (or equivalent) - PHP, MySQL and Apache web server
2. Text editor of your choice (Notepad++ or Textpad or similar) - should
support UTF8 and show line numbers.
3. Local copy of Joomla 2.5
4. Local copy of Joomla 3.0
5. Optional - Firefox browser with firebug plugin (or equivalent)
6. Optional - A search and replace text tool such as GrepWin
7. Optional - Eclipse IDE with subversion
8. Optional - Your own wireless broadband (in case you can't connect to UTS
This documentation might help too.
If you have trouble getting any of the above set up, I can help you on the
day, but we'll get more out of this workshop if you have this ready
beforehand, and you'll be able to follow along as I demonstrate how some of
these tools work.